OF INTEREST | Latest News
Maple Top Product Information
The Natural Beauty of Wood
All Saloom Furniture maple top dining tables are made using the highest grades of quality maple panels. Wood from each individual tree varies in color, density and grain pattern, and may have mineral deposits. These variations and markings form the essence of wood, providing individual beauty by giving each table top it's own unique character. Each individual piece of wood will absorb stain differently due to differences in the wood grain and color in each wood panel. Due to these grain variations, your table top may not exactly match the finish sample. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
Keep in mind that solid wood expands and contracts due to changing levels of temperature and humidity in your home. Sometimes this can affect the amount of space between table extension leaves. This is a natural feature of solid wood and will self-correct over time. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- SUPER FINISH: Every inch of our wood tables (including the underside and base) receives a coating of our Saloom Super Finish. This clear catalyzed varnish protects your furniture from moisture and most household chemicals such as turpentine, nail polish remover, and lemon juice. However all finishes can scratch and dent, therefore when in use, we advise using placemats or other protection between dishes and table top.
- SELF STORING LEAFS: Most of our oval, rectangular, and boat shaped maple top tables will self store one leaf underneath the table top. Please see price lists for exceptions.
- QUALITY SLIDES that won't stick on leg tables, and double-geared slides on pedestal tables.
- LEAF GAP COVERS on aprons.
- BRASS LEAF PINS for leaf alignment