OF INTEREST | Latest News
Chair Product Information
All dining chairs are made using the highest grade of Maple, Cherry, and other quality hardwoods. Each individual piece of wood will absorb stain differently due to differences in the wood grain and color in each wood panel. Due to these grain variations, your chair may not exactly match the finish sample. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
All Saloom chairs are made with attention to detail using the finest construction techniques - box frame construction with corner block reinforcements and mortise and tenon joints.
Most manufacturers who apply a catalyzed conversion varnish to their furniture apply it to the table top surface only due to the expense of this deluxe finish. Saloom Furniture is an exception - all dining chairs are coated with our "Super Finish" which protects the chair from moisture and most household chemicals such as lemon juice, turpentine, even nail polish remover.
Most of our upholstered seat dining chairs have a unique seat construction feature called the Soflex seat. Most chair seats you find today are made with plywood and a single layer of foam. Our Soflex seat starts with a strong layer of suspension webbing, followed by three layers of foam. This combination of webbing and foam creates a seat that will not "bottom out," and will stay soft and comfortable for years to come.
At Saloom we offer a variety of fabric choices:
- STANDARD FABRICS: We offer a wide range of textures, patterns, and styles in our fabric collection, in both Grade A and Grade B pricing.
- LEATHER: Our premium leather is top grain protected leather - strong and durable, with a soft hand.
- CUSTOMER'S OWN MATERIAL/COM: We also offer the option of placing your own fabric choice on the chairs you order. This gives you the flexibility to choose from the tens of thousands of fabrics that are in the marketplace today. See the COM Ordering Information section for guidelines and restrictions. An up-charge may apply for certain fabrics. See your dealer for complete fabric information.
General Ordering Information
- Saloom fabrics are available for sale in cut yardage amounts (see your local Saloom dealer for pricing information).
- Fabrics are not covered under our warranty. Fabric problems due to freight damage must be claimed at the time of delivery.
Care and Cleaning Instructions
The wood on our chairs cleans up with a damp sponge. If cleaning up dirt or grime, you can add some mild dish soap. No waxes or polishes are needed. Each individual fabric has its own cleaning code designated by its manufacturer. The cleaning codes are listed on the back of our fabric sample swatches.
Chair & Stool COM Ordering Information
Customers can provide their own fabric for upholstered chairs. There is an up charge for using COM, please see your Saloom dealer for up-charge information.
- Please note that there will be a shipping charge applied for return of excess fabric.
- We cannot accept COM vinyl or laminated fabrics for the 900 stool, 37 seat, and any of our chairs with upholstered backs, including tilt-swivel chairs.
- While we generally do not have problems with COM fabrics supplied to us, we do reserve the right to reject COM fabrics due to quality or compatibility issues.
|The chart below should be used to calculate yardage needed based on a standard 54" wide fabric.|
|Chair & Stool Style||Yardage required per chair*:|
|11, 13, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 39, 44, 48, 49, 56, 58,
90, 912, 918, 922, 925, 939, 956
|3/4 yard = 2 chairs|
|27, 35, 36, 37, 900
||3/4 yard = 1 chair|
|24, 38, 57, 89, 101, 103
||1 yard = 1 chair|
|34, 51||1 1/4 yards = 1 chair|
|60, 61, 102, 104, 106
||2 yards = 1 chair|
||2 1/2 yards = 1 chair|
*COM fabrics with a large repeat or pattern require 1/2 yard more fabric per chair.