OF INTEREST | Latest News
Case Piece Product Information
Our case pieces are made using high quality Maple and Cherry solids and veneers, for optimal dimensional stability. Each individual piece of wood will absorb stain differently due to differences in the wood grain and color in each wood panel. Due to these grain variations, your case piece may not exactly match the finish sample. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- Exotic Bird's Eye maple and burl on many door panels and crowns.
- Bamboo and Cork options on Dining Armoire doors.
- Antique Grille or Seedy Glass door insert options on Armoires.
- Unique and highly functional top materials on our granite buffets, combine beauty and durability in one piece.
- Innovative door "shock absorbers" - prevent noisy slamming or rattling when closing doors. Our gas shock absorbers catch the doors before they slam shut, and gently close the door with a whisper. See your Saloom dealer for case styles that offer this unique feature.
- Box construction - each joint is machined on precision CNC routers. Dowels are inserted and glued, then screws pull the box together. In addition, reinforcing cleats and stretchers add additional strength to the box.
- Mitered doors are made with precision crafted miter joints rein forced with dowels, unlike most door which are made with a "butt" joint. The butt joint method exposes the end grain of the frame boards and absorbs stain unevenly. Our mitered doors show no end grain and have a clean and elegant appearance.
- Drawer construction: Boxes are made of many layers of Baltic birch. Joints are dovetailed for strength, and drawers are carefully finished on all surfaces, inside and out.
Care and Cleaning Instructions
Our case pieces are virtually maintenance free! Simply wipe any surface with a damp cloth, or with some mild dish soap if you like. No waxes or polishes are needed to keep your furniture looking beautiful.
- SUPER FINISH: Most manufacturers who apply a catalyzed conversion varnish to their furniture apply it to the table top surface only, due to the expense of this deluxe finish. Saloom Furniture is an exception! All case pieces are coated with our "Super Finish" which protects the furniture from moisture and most house hold chemicals including lemon juice, turpentine, even nail polish remover.
- ADJUSTABLE SHELVES in most buffet and china tops
- PLATE GROOVES in china and hutch shelves
- LIGHTING SYSTEM with interior dimmer switch on hutches and china tops
Variations in wood coloring and grain patterns are a characteristic of solid wood, therefore the finish on your case piece may not exactly match the finish sample.